Wind Resource Assessment in Uncovered or New Areas is implemented by the Ministry of New and Renewable Resources under NCEF Scheme. The Ministry has initiated this scheme with an aim to assess the realistic potential at 100 m level in 500 new stations. The scheme was implemented under the National Clean Energy Fund (NCEF) also to be implemented through C-WET.
- Under this scheme, 40% of the total project cost will be provided from NCEF as reimbursement through C-WET
- Balance 60% of the total project cost shall have to be borne together by the concerned State Nodal Agencies (SNA) of State Government and private developer(s).
- Ministry shall release 50% of the NCEF grants in accordance with the proposal of C-WET.
- The financial sanction for the sites to SNAs/private developers will be given by C-WET.
- The remaining 50% of the grant amount for that particular sanction order shall be released to CWET.
Only the Indian entities such as
- Wind farm owners
- Wind Farm Developers
- Wind Turbine Manufacturers
- All the private developers shall comply with the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) guidelines.
- The developer should have in-house resources (e.g., engineering, operation) including experience with environmental permitting and siting issues.
How to apply?
Private developers shall submit the detailed proposals on the prescribed format to respective SNA’s. The concerned SNA’s will ensure that the first lot of proposals for wind monitoring stations allotted to the state concerned shall be submitted to C-WET within 6 months from the date of issue of the scheme.