Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana (PMKMY) is a government scheme meant for old age protection and social security of Small and Marginal Farmers.
- Under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana, the farmers would receive a minimum assured pension of Rs 3000/- per month after attaining 60 years.
- If the farmer dies, the farmer’s spouse shall be entitled to receive 50% of the pension as a family pension.
- The pension amount helps pension holders to aid their financial requirements.
- The applicants will have to make monthly contributions ranging between Rs 55 to Rs 200 per month until they reach 60.
- Every month a fixed pension amount gets deposited in the pension account of the respective individual.
- Small and Marginal Farmers
- Age between 18 to 40 years
- Cultivable land up to 2 hectares as per land records of the concerned State/UT
Farmers who are not eligible under the scheme were:
- SMFs covered under any other statuary social security schemes such as National Pension Scheme (NPS), Employees’ State Insurance Corporation scheme, Employees’ Fund Organization Scheme etc.
- Farmers who have opted for Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Vyapari Maandhan administered by the Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- All Institutional Landholders
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries/ Offices/Departments and their field units, Central or State PSEs and Attached offices/ Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees).
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year. (f) Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out the profession by undertaking the practice.
PMKMY: Documents required
- Residential proof
- Bank account details
- Aadhaar Card